American 14.6 For
- The American 14.6 is designed for the beginning sailor or those who are seeking
a large, stable sloop that offers hassle-free sailing. This sturdy, deep-cockpit
daysailer features a 6-foot 2-inch beam, glass kick-up rudder, weighted glass
centerboard, and a large built-in storage compartment under the deck.
- The large cockpit offers room for four adults with generous freeboard, comfortable
seats and backrest, and includes locations for two drink coolers at the end of
the seats. The hull is designed to be 80-percent self-bailing, and floats high
in the water with a minimum 4-inch draft when empty.
- Simplicity is enhanced with color-coded main and jib lines, and features
simple up and down colored lines for centerboard control. The tabernacle mast
allows for quick stepping and easy retrieval at the end of the day.
- The American 14.6 is also equipped with an advanced rudder system that can
be raised or lowered from the cockpit and is designed to kick-up and spring down
as necessary. The main and jib contain 112 square feet of Dacron sail which -
combined with the wide beam, hard chine, and flat bottom hull - performs well
in light breezes or a stiff wind.
- The American 14.6 is recognized as an extremely stable, large, dry, daysailer
providing fun for all ages. Optional features include a roller furling jib, spinnaker
package, boom vang, motor mount, boat cover, and mooring cover.
- This boat is constructed of hand-laid fiberglass with closed cell floatation
and non-skid flooring in the cockpit. Anodized spars and Harken blocks among other
quality parts assure years of maintenance free use for the new owner. The 700
lb. rated galvanized trailer, which includes a mast stanchion and winch, can easily
be pulled behind today's smaller cars. Price package includes boat, sails, and
galvanized trailer ready for a day on the water.
- Length 14 ft. 6 in.
- Beam 6 ft. 2 in.
- Max Draft 3 ft. 6 in.
- Dry Weight 340.0 lbs.
- Length At Waterline 13 ft. 5 in.
- Keel Type Centerboard
- Draft Board/Drive Up 0 ft. 4 in.
- Mast Height 20 ft. 6 in.
- Working Sail Area 112 sq. ft.
- Main and jib, v. good condition
- Not Available
Location: Clermont, FL
When you call about this boat, be
sure to tell them you saw it on Strictly Sailing!
Use your browsers Back Button
to return to StrictlySailing Classifieds
Strictly Sailing offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. An party interested in purchasing this or any boat offered on Strictly Sailing should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to thoroughly investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.